Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pursuing the Pursuit

Let's get one thing clear - I love my life. Overall, I think my life is pretty much perfect. Wait, perfect? Really?! NO! You thought about leaving me and never coming back, didn't you? No, my life's not really perfect. Not even close really. "Pretty much perfect?" Yeah, pretty much close to perfect for what it is and where I am and where I want to be...eventually. Really my life is crazy, busy, fun and totally imperfect.

Because I'm constantly trying to perfect (or sometimes even just get a handle on) the various aspects that are my life, and also trying to get the most out of my life, I've decided I need a sounding board. I am surrounded by amazing people who are seriously inspiring. We all need a place to inspire and be inspired; a place to share our pursuits and learn from each other. Maybe you understand the spinning, out of control, is this what I signed up for? thoughts that, for me, always seem to seep in around that evening 5:30 hour that makes me question my sanity and everything I'm trying to accomplish. Deep breath. But maybe... you can also recognize that personal pause of passion that gets me out of bed, makes me try (again) and makes me feel strong and empowered, capable and able to pursue what I want to (and have to) accomplish!

Naturally, whatever/wherever our role/relationship/responsibility we have right now in our lives, we've got something we "should" be doing. Some to-do's are inherent, other's inherited by self-infliction. I don't know about you, but I have a LOT to do. Well, a lot that I have to do, and some that I want to do, and some that I think I should do, and more that I think might just be fun to do. If I posted my calendar and my to-do list, you'd think I was, well, crazy. (I did warn you my life was crazy. Didn't I?) I guess, ideally, I'd like to just enjoy most everything I do do in my life, despite the doodoo of life. Never mind the pun, but I have had three (at once!) in diapers. (Uh, huh - sanity check.)

When we take that pause (not necessarily in a moment of silence at my house), all of the tragedies and triumphs, dirty faces, clean/dirty floors, projects, tears and smiles sum up to some worthy and worthwhile beautiful accomplishments. For pleasure or for pain, I want this to be a place for my beautiful chaotic pursuits so that I can keep learning to enjoy life and be inspired to continue my many pursuits therein. Since you're still reading, I'm assuming your life is imperfectly perfect too. We are so blessed. I challenge you to join me. We can do it. Here's to loving our lives and enjoying the pursuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment